My name is Colleen Kuust, and this my sixth year at LVCS.
I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from O.S.U., and a Master of Education from Willamette University. I started teaching when my kids went to school. I have lived in Dallas for 15 years. I have two daughters and one son in college. I like to stay busy’ so I have numerous horses, three dogs and three barn cats. I enjoy being outside, reading, and following the activities of my kids!
I thoroughly enjoy being at LVCS!! Our staff is a wonderful group to work with and spend the day with. My favorite part of the school year is seeing the students enjoy the rural campus. I also enjoy the efforts and care that the parents, the Board, and community give in supporting the school. Most of all, I like watching students becoming community members and at the same time excelling in their learning.
In our classroom, the students understand they are responsible for their learning. We work hard, and we play hard. Our emphasis is for everyone to understand their role as a student, to have goals, and to show academic and social progress throughout the year. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to come into the classroom at any time!
The growth that we have seen for LVCS has been exciting and encouraging for the future. I am thankful to be part of a growing and positive influence for children in our community.
Latest News Posts
- MAY 20, 2014 – LVCS Board Meeting at Bridgeport – 6:30 pm
- MAY 13TH – NO SCHOOL MAY 14TH – FULL DAY OF SCHOOL
- May 2nd – SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER – 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- April 24th: OPEN HOUSE and Enrollment for 2014-2015 School Year – K-8 Here’s you chance to meet next year’s teacher and get the enrollment packet. May 1st is official open enrollment, so you want to get it turned in now so as not to lose your spot for next year!!
- Town Forum @ Mendi’s Pizza for LVCS Monmouth/Ind Families- April 3rd – 5:30