My name is Elaine Austin, and this is my ninth year at LVCS.
I am a non-traditional teacher. I had attended college many years ago, but did not finish my degree until all of my children were grown and on their own. I returned to school (Western Oregon University) and completed my bachelor’s degree in 2004. The following year, I entered Willamette University and received my Master’s in Education.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the past few years with my 3rd and 4th graders. They are a lively and engaging group of children who get excited about learning.
As we have diligently worked to bring our country school into the 21st century, we have realized that we have the best of both worlds. We are surrounded by our lovely, quiet woods but have nearly every amenity that is offered in city schools.
Latest News Posts
- Tuesday, December 10th_ 2 hour delay
- School Closed on Monday, December 9th
- Update! School Closed Today December 6th
- Two-hour delay today! School will start at 10:00 instead of 8:00. Buses will run two hours later than normal, so don’t get caught in the cold! NO KINDERGARTEN
- Why you should read everyday!!