My name is Elaine Austin, and this is my ninth year at LVCS.
I am a non-traditional teacher. I had attended college many years ago, but did not finish my degree until all of my children were grown and on their own. I returned to school (Western Oregon University) and completed my bachelor’s degree in 2004. The following year, I entered Willamette University and received my Master’s in Education.
I have thoroughly enjoyed the past few years with my 3rd and 4th graders. They are a lively and engaging group of children who get excited about learning.
As we have diligently worked to bring our country school into the 21st century, we have realized that we have the best of both worlds. We are surrounded by our lovely, quiet woods but have nearly every amenity that is offered in city schools.
Latest News Posts
- MAY 20, 2014 – LVCS Board Meeting at Bridgeport – 6:30 pm
- MAY 13TH – NO SCHOOL MAY 14TH – FULL DAY OF SCHOOL
- May 2nd – SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER – 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- April 24th: OPEN HOUSE and Enrollment for 2014-2015 School Year – K-8 Here’s you chance to meet next year’s teacher and get the enrollment packet. May 1st is official open enrollment, so you want to get it turned in now so as not to lose your spot for next year!!
- Town Forum @ Mendi’s Pizza for LVCS Monmouth/Ind Families- April 3rd – 5:30