As a marine, I learned to appreciate the power of community. As a teacher, I try to develop the students’ sense of belonging and purpose so they can create a meaningful community for themselves.
My name is Steve Diehl. I am originally from southern California, but my family extends across the United States. When I retired from the military, my family and I looked around for a place to call home; we chose Oregon. Currently, my wife, Marnie, and I live in Keizer with our two young adult children. From time to time, you may see my daughter Aryn helping out behind the scenes at our school with her artistic and organizational abilities.
I enjoy teaching and have been drawn to mentoring others regardless of my job description. We have a remarkable program at the Pedee Campus. Students have stepped up to take responsibility for the facility, for their behavior and are beginning to take responsibility for their learning. We are creating a nurturing community to support students in their development and education. I’m glad to be a part of Luckiamute Valley Charter Schools for the third year. It’s a great place to be.
Latest News Posts
- Thursday, February 27th – Chili Feed at the Strategic Planning/Open Forum meeting staring at 5:30 pm. Please RSVP to the office.
- No early release for Wednesday, February 12th – Normal full day schedule
- Due to icy road conditions and projections for Sunday evening, school will be closed Monday, February 10
- Due to inclement weather there in no school Friday, February 7th.
- FYI-Dallas Police Department received a call of an attempted abduction 01/15/2014