As a marine, I learned to appreciate the power of community. As a teacher, I try to develop the students’ sense of belonging and purpose so they can create a meaningful community for themselves.
My name is Steve Diehl. I am originally from southern California, but my family extends across the United States. When I retired from the military, my family and I looked around for a place to call home; we chose Oregon. Currently, my wife, Marnie, and I live in Keizer with our two young adult children. From time to time, you may see my daughter Aryn helping out behind the scenes at our school with her artistic and organizational abilities.
I enjoy teaching and have been drawn to mentoring others regardless of my job description. We have a remarkable program at the Pedee Campus. Students have stepped up to take responsibility for the facility, for their behavior and are beginning to take responsibility for their learning. We are creating a nurturing community to support students in their development and education. I’m glad to be a part of Luckiamute Valley Charter Schools for the third year. It’s a great place to be.
Latest News Posts
- Conferences on November 24 & 25th. Check with the office if you need a reminder of your scheduled time.
- TO GET UP-TO-DATE NEWS, PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Kindergarten after school bus schedule starting 9/2/2014:
- Please come and welcome Jenneca Crocker-2nd Grade and Jessica Wittich-6th Grade teachers.There will be a meet and greet on Thursday, August 28th from 5:30 – 6:30. Both are experienced teachers and we look forward to another GREAT year!!
- MAY 20, 2014 – LVCS Board Meeting at Bridgeport – 6:30 pm