As a marine, I learned to appreciate the power of community. As a teacher, I try to develop the students’ sense of belonging and purpose so they can create a meaningful community for themselves.
My name is Steve Diehl. I am originally from southern California, but my family extends across the United States. When I retired from the military, my family and I looked around for a place to call home; we chose Oregon. Currently, my wife, Marnie, and I live in Keizer with our two young adult children. From time to time, you may see my daughter Aryn helping out behind the scenes at our school with her artistic and organizational abilities.
I enjoy teaching and have been drawn to mentoring others regardless of my job description. We have a remarkable program at the Pedee Campus. Students have stepped up to take responsibility for the facility, for their behavior and are beginning to take responsibility for their learning. We are creating a nurturing community to support students in their development and education. I’m glad to be a part of Luckiamute Valley Charter Schools for the third year. It’s a great place to be.
Latest News Posts
- MAY 20, 2014 – LVCS Board Meeting at Bridgeport – 6:30 pm
- MAY 13TH – NO SCHOOL MAY 14TH – FULL DAY OF SCHOOL
- May 2nd – SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER – 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- April 24th: OPEN HOUSE and Enrollment for 2014-2015 School Year – K-8 Here’s you chance to meet next year’s teacher and get the enrollment packet. May 1st is official open enrollment, so you want to get it turned in now so as not to lose your spot for next year!!
- Town Forum @ Mendi’s Pizza for LVCS Monmouth/Ind Families- April 3rd – 5:30